If your smartphone is getting sluggish, it's probably overloaded with old apps and other things you don't need, or use. Good news.
Soon, you'll be able to download an app for your Android device on the Google Play Store that can clear up your phone for you. It's from HTC, the maker of the new HTC 10 smartphone we've been telling you about. But everyone using the newest versions of Android (Lollipop or Marshmallow) can use it.
When you tap on the app (being released April 14th), it tells you the percentage of your phone's storage that's in use, and the percentage of memory in use. Below that, it has six handy tools to help clean things up:
- Boost: Clear up RAM;
- Game battery booster: Change the display resolution on games to extend battery life;
- Manage apps: Remove apps that are eating up storage;
- Clear junk: Clear cached files, temporary files, and other stuff you don't need;
- Lock apps: Add passcodes to protect specific apps; and
- Settings: You can set up your Android device to automatically clear up memory, alert you when you have too much junk, and tell you which apps haven't been used in a long time.
Note: Read more about the new HTC 10 smartphone here.