Vacations are relaxing, but planning one can be stressful. Where should you go? When is the best time to book? While we can't pick your destination for you, we can give you some helpful advice about the cheapest time to book your hotel room.
You may think that booking at the last minute is the key to a cheap room. But travel experts know better than that.
“There are a variety of time periods during the year when it’s ideal to book [your room], depending on the destination," according to TripAdvisor. "Savvy travelers can use these insights for significant savings when booking their hotels for summer.”
We want to help you save money. Here is a breakdown of the number of months in advance that you should book your hotel. Note: Have you signed up for the free Travel with Kim newsletter? If not, sign up now!
The best time to book hotels for your summer vacation
• Africa - 5 months ahead of your trip - 21% savings
• South Pacific - 5 months - 19%
• Middle East - 4 months - 24%
• South America - 4 months - 7%
• Caribbean - 4 months - 7%
• Europe - 3-5 months - 23% savings
• Asia - 3 months - 23%
• Central America - 3 months - 7%
• United States - 2 months - 7% savings