If you don't like using Facebook to keep up with family and friends, there's another app you might like better.
The app is called Peach, and it functions essentially like a cross between Twitter and an instant messaging program. In Peach, you set up a profile and connect with those in your circle, then the app makes it easy to send quick status updates, and even personalize them.
What sets Peach apart are the "magic words" you can type to add different things into your status update. For example, typing the word "song" triggers the app to see what song you're listening to, then share it with your circle.
Here is a list of other magic words:
- gif - search for a GIF
- here - add current location
- shout - say something with big words
- draw - add a sketch to your post
- goodmorning - say good morning
- goodnight - say good night
- rate - rate something 1-5 stars
- battery - show current charge percentage
- weather - add current weather
- move - add movement today (steps, miles, etc.)
- events - # of events today
- safari - open browser to search for link
- dice - roll the dice
- time - add current time
- date - add current date
- movie - add movie
- tv - add TV show
- game - add video game
- book - add book