What are the first steps you take when you find out you've been hacked? Hopefully you follow my steps to recover hacked accounts, which include changing your passwords right away.
The celebrities involved in the Sony Hack, however, need to change their aliases ASAP.
It's common knowledge that when famous actors travel or stay at hotels, they typically use aliases to avoid paparazzi and other unwanted attention.
Want to know what it's like to duck from paparazzi while living a fabulous star-filled life? Kim Kardashian's crazy, blockbuster app will let you navigate the wilds of Hollywood.
The crooks behind the massive Sony Hack have just revealed some A-list actors' false names, and they're kind of weird. They draw from old roles, old movies, real people and inside jokes. It seems like some of them would stand out more than the real names.
Here are the aliases of Tim Hanks, Jude Law, Daniel Craig and others:
- Tom Hanks: “Harry Lauder” and “Johnny Madrid”
- Sarah Michelle Gellar: “Neely O’Hara” - a name from the movie and book "Valley of the Dolls"
- Tobey Maguire: “Neil Deep”
- Natalie Portman: “Lauren Brown”
- Clive Owen: “Robert Fenton” (his wife’s last name)
- Rob Schneider: “Nazzo Good” (not so good – get it?)
- Taye Diggs:“Scott Diggs” (his real name)
- Jude Law: “Mr. Perry”
- Daniel Craig: “Olwen Williams” (after his grandfather, Olwyn Williams)
- Jessica Alba: “Cash Money”
- Ice Cube: “Darius Stone” and “O’Shea Jackson” (the latter is his real name)
- Debra Messing: “Ava Harper”
I think its a fair guess to say that certain celebrities aren't too happy with Sony right now. Click here for everything you need to know about the Sony hack.