Yesterday, I told you how Microsoft Office is now free for your tablet and phone. Click here for all the details.
It's great news! The suite was given a hefty makeover, mainly the new free price tag. But for those who paid for the service, the news just got better.
Microsoft is now offering pro-rated refunds to users who downloaded and paid for Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscribers.
Before you get too excited though, let's take a look at some of the fine print:
- Refund claims need to be made by January 31, 2015.
- Subscriptions had to be purchased on or after March 27, 2014, and activated before November 6, 2014.
- Proof-of-purchase documentation might be required.
- Trial subscriptions will not be refunded.
- If you have more than one subscription, you must apply for the refund for all of your subscriptions at once.
- It can take up to eight weeks to receive your refund.
Haven't taken Office for a spin yet? Click here to get the Office Suite for your smartphone or tablet.