We all know Bill Gates is the richest man in the world - his net worth is $77.5 billion. You don't need Neil deGrasse Tyson to tell you that.
But just how rich is he? So rich, he could buy all of the 114,212 homes in Boston at $76.6 billion. But he's not rich enough to buy all the homes is Seattle - only the Walton family of Wal-Mart fame could buy that entire city. Seattle has roughly 241,450 homes which would cost a cool $111.5 billion.
What tech billionaire could buy your city?
- Larry Page of Google - worth $30.8 billion - could buy Boca Raton, Florida, for $29.5 billion
- Jeff Bezos of Amazon - worth $30.5 billion - could buy Napa, California, for $29.5 billion
- Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook - worth $27.7 billion - could buy Saint Paul, Minnesota, for $26.8 billion
- Steve Ballmer of Microsoft - worth $20.4 billion - could buy Littleton, Colorado, for $20 billion
- Paul Allen of Microsoft - worth $15.9 billion - could buy Durham, North Carolina, for $15.8 billion
- Elon Musk of Tesla Motors - worth $8.8 billion - could buy Centreville, Virginia ,for $8.8 billion
See the fun info graphic below for more.
Want to see more of the rich and famous? For the complete list of "Which billionaire could buy your city?" be sure to click on the source link below.