Do you remember MySpace.com? From 2005 to 2008, it was hands-down the most popular online hangout for young people. Then Facebook came along and replaced it as the king of social media sites.
Now MySpace is looking for a comeback and wants to be your favorite social media destination. So the site has implemented a clever plan.
MySpace.com is emailing its users old photos that were posted to the site in the past. Talk about a "Throwback Thursday!"
The email reads, "The good, the rad and the what were you thinking ..." and includes a link to your old MySpace profile.
Some people are embarrassed and worried about their privacy, while others are taking it in stride.
This might be a nice reminder for you that you once had a MySpace account. Since you don't use it anymore, go ahead and delete it.
Many people have taken to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to post their photos, which date back to 2005. Check out the posts from Twitter below. Will this make you switch to MySpace? Let me know your thoughts by posting in the comments.
Anyone get an email from MySpace reminding you to look at the horrendous pictures of your past? I was pretty badass. pic.twitter.com/Fm6W6Z59PR
— Cara Ryan (@carawrrr) June 1, 2014
So I received an email from Myspace today pic.twitter.com/SLChZZCcPr
— ~ Delayed Fun ~ (@DelayedFun) May 27, 2014
In case you would like to know how to delete your MySpace.com account, here's how:
- Log into your MySpace account using your username and password.
- If you are not already at your MySpace editing page, click on the "Home" link at the top of the page.
- Click "Account Settings" in the box at the top of the page.
- On the "Change Account Settings" page you will see a small link at the top of the page, right above your account settings, that says "Cancel Account". Click this link.
- You will receive an email confirming your account deletion. Read the email and follow the directions.