Privacy is a big issue in the tech world. After all, we trust companies like Google, Facebook and Verizon with all of our online conversations, photos, location data and more.
And without much reason, the government can request this data and use it against you. But not all companies are as quick as others to deliver your data to the government.
Who has your back?
A new report from the Electronic Frontier Foundation, "Protecting Your Data from Government Requests," asked just that and the results might surprise you.
The following chart used these points when assessing company practices and policies for this chart:
- Require a warrant for content of communications.
- Tell users about government data requests.
- Publish transparency reports.
- Publish law enforcement guidelines.
- Fight for users’ privacy rights in courts.
- Publicly oppose mass surveillance.