Leave a comment

iPhone 5c causes second-degree burns

iPhone 5c causes second-degree burns

It sounds like it is right out of a horror story. An eighth grader in Maine suddenly caught fire during her French class. The culprit? Her new iPhone 5c.

The 14-year-old-girl was sitting in her classroom with her green phone in her back pocket. Classmates recall hearing a "pop" and moments later, smoke started pouring out of her pants, which then caught fire. The student quickly reacted with a stop, drop and roll, and students ran to her rescue, helping her take off her pants and putting out the flames with a blanket.

Her quick-thinking actions and those of her classmates ultimately prevented further serious injury, but the damage had been done. The girl received second-degree burns, but was later released from the hospital.

The verdict is still out, but the problem was most likely caused by the phone's lithium ion battery.

The photo above shows how the once-green iPhone 5c has warped.

Next Story
View Comments ()
Human traffickers thrive on Twitter
Previous Happening Now

Human traffickers thrive on Twitter

Could you imagine your boss tracking your EVERY move?
Next Happening Now

Could you imagine your boss tracking your EVERY move?