If you’re thinking about finally taking that long-overdue vacation, chances are, you’re going to head somewhere far, far away. Flights for trips like this can cost a pretty penny, though. That’s why you need a little help finding the best deal possible.
Google Flights is a great resource to help you compare flights and find the right one for you at the right price. Now, Google’s virtual assistant can even lend a hand.
What we’re talking about is Google Home, a voice-activated speaker powered by the Google Assistant. It’s been set up with voice commands that will help you find flight information and track prices so you’re sure to find the best deals.
Your Google Assistant makes it easy to find the travel information you’re looking for. You can plan a trip or check the status of a reservation on Google Home. Keep reading to learn some special commands.
How to find flight information and track prices
To get started:
- For existing flights, turn on personal results to get information. (You don’t need this turned on to find new flights or track flight prices.)
- Sign in to the same Google Account you used to set up Google Home.
- If you don’t already have a Gmail account, create one. Flight information is pulled from the Gmail account that’s associated with the Google Account used to set up Google Home.
Here’s a list of commands for Google Home. Begin by saying “OK, Google” or “Hey, Google”:
- “Find me cheap flights.” — This will find a flight.
- “How much are flights to Philadelphia in three weeks?” — Track flight prices for a general location or date.
- “How much are flights to Spain?” or “Cheap flights to Hawaii” — Find a flight to a region.
- “Find me flights to Phoenix” or “How much is a flight to Seattle?” — Find a flight to a destination.
- “Find me flights with Southwest.” — Filter by airline.
- “I’d like to depart on the 24th of April” or “Return on May 1st” or “Return one day later” — Filter by date.
- “Find me nonstop flights.” — Filter by stops.
- “What is the next flight to London?” or “Next flight to Miami” – Find the next flights.
- “What is the schedule of flights to Paris?” – Hear/see the route schedule.
Now that you have a virtual assistant helping you with all your travel needs, get out there and enjoy that trip you’ve always wanted to take. It’s easier than ever!