Kim Komando Multimedia is rapidly expanding in many divisions, as we are one of the fastest growing broadcast media companies in America!
For over 20-years, Kim Komando has led the industry in tech-lifestyle programming within the national radio category, reaching millions of people every week.
Today, our multimedia network includes radio programs that reach over 3.5 million Nielsen-rated unique listeners per week, a new global television program that airs on the prestigious Bloomberg TV Network distributed to over 300 million homes internationally, podcasts that serve over 1 million downloads per month, a website that enjoys 1.6 million monthly visitors, an aggressive newsletter platform with over 25 million sends per month, and a sponsor-dedicated email platform. Plus, major streaming and YouTube initiatives in the works for 2019.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be part of a national radio, television and podcast network.
We are seeking an in-house Full-Time Graphic Designer to join our team. You will be our key person for visual design and branding of all our marketing efforts.
Do you love being creative and have an eye for direct response design?
We are looking for a skilled graphic designer with experience with responsive email newsletters, direct response, web pages, mobile design and digital banner ads.
Experience in an effective call to action and direct response messaging is a must. You will be provided copy but will be expected to turn the copy into a design with placement that preform effectively. For each project you'll have the opportunity to start from a concept, gather details on what's expected then come up with options and alternatives. If you're a roll-up-your-sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the work done kind of person, this job is for you.
You will be responsible for concepting, creating and delivering digital assets for emails, web pages, social media and more within a timely manor.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Experience in an effective call to action and direct response messaging is a must
• Strong knowledge in branding concepts, typography, color and layout.
• Maintain freshness, creative excellence that will uphold and enhance the brand
• Champion brand consistency - Ability to create materials based on existing style guides to fit brand image
• Maintaining quality, organization and proper optimization for all digital platforms
• Design wireframes & web pages for supporting microsites
• Brainstorm with other members of marketing team, and interdepartmentally, to conceptualize creative graphics
• Create HTML emails that are within industry best practices
• Understand mobile first design and create with that in mind
• Design new logos as needed
• Provide original images for articles, podcasts and more based on the contents theme
Skills and Specifications
• Minimum 1-2 years experience in digital design, graphic content design
• Excellent layout and composition abilities
• Strong understanding of UX/UI and user flow
• Attention to detail, with good follow-through
• Proficient in HTML code for email
• Must be able to complete assignments in a timely manner and meet deadlines
• Able to multi-task in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
• Independent / empowered
• Very organized
• Have working knowledge of current and emerging digital design, illustration, and animation trends
• Keen and advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite required
• Passion and drive for making the best even better
• Team focused and work every day with creative vision, resourcefulness and dependability
Education and Qualification:
• Bachelor’s degree in Web Design, Graphic Design or equivalent work experience
• Proven portfolio of work with hands-on, high-volume creative development
• Strong creative/graphic design skills
• Hands-on experience designing for HTML, CSS and responsive design preferred
• Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamsweaver and Acrobat) a must
• AfterEffects experience a plus
• Willingness to go above and beyond
• Highly creative and imaginative
• Strong sense of urgency combined with close attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously with aggressive turnaround deadlines and shifting priorities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience in photography a plus
We offer very competitive salary with bonuses tied to this program’s performance. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: Top tier, major medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, life insurance, self-directed 401(k) with employer match and AFLAC group services. Paid time off includes: sick, corporate holidays and personal vacation.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a full-time, onsite position at our studio and broadcast center in Phoenix, Arizona. Apply in confidence today. Email your resume to: email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
We take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees. Developing the right mix of skills, ideas and individuals requires an unwavering commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. Accordingly, we recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to an employee's race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status or disability.