Ever wanted to contact someone or a group of people via email but you don't have their contact info on hand?
Whether it's for building business relationships, recruitment, sales or employment opportunities or plain old network building, securing an email address is usually the first important step in opening up the lines of communication.
But finding the right email address for the people or company you want to engage with can be tedious. Most people would rather not have their email addresses out in the open.
Thankfully, there's a tool that can make your email hunt simpler and quicker. All it takes is a click of a button!
Hunter is a little Google Chrome extension that searches for email addresses on a LinkedIn profile, LinkedIn search results or any website's related email addresses.
You can then save these email addresses as leads and export them to a CSV file for future reference. Additionally, you can sync them with marketing and business software like Hubspot, Salesforce or Pipedrive.
Here's a quick demo on how Hunter works:
Installing the Hunter extension
The Hunter extension only works with the Google Chrome browser.
To install, click on the blue download button below. On the Hunter extension page, click "Add to Chrome."
When the "Add Hunter?" pop-up box appears, select "Add extension." The Hunter extension will then be added to your Chrome extension bar (looks like an orange fox.)
To fully utilize Hunter's features, it is recommended that you sign up for the Hunter profile using your email address.
With a Hunter profile, you can do 150 free email searches a month and download results as a CSV file.
How to use Hunter
To find an email address on a LinkedIn profile:
- Go to the LinkedIn profile of the person you want to contact.
- Click the Hunter icon on your Chrome extension bar. The profile's email address will then be displayed.
- You can save this LinkedIn profile email address as a "lead" for future reference.
To find multiple LinkedIn email addresses:
- Do a People Search on LinkedIn.
- After the results show, click the Hunter icon.
- Check all the people you would like to save as leads.
- Hit "Find email addresses & save leads" to export them.
- All leads will then be saved on the selected list.
To find email addresses related to a website:
- Visit the website.
- Click on the Hunter icon.
- Check the results.
Note that Hunter doesn't search a website for embedded email addresses, rather, it will search Hunter's own indexed database for email addresses that use the same domain (@company.com, for example).