If you’re brave enough to shop on Black Friday, you know the importance of a game plan. Some folks prepare by lacing up their running shoes; others are ready to throw some elbow jabs. We prefer the non-violent approach: Showing up bright and early to get a head start on the action.
One good way to prepare is by finding out who’s even open. Some stores, like Everlane and REI, don’t participate in the yearly price slashing extravaganza. Tap or click here for five strategies to find the best Black Friday deals.
If you want to beat the crowds, you’ll need to know when your favorite stores open. Luckily, BlackFriday.com did the heavy lifting and compiled a list of the top retailers’ Thanksgiving and Black Friday hours. Scroll down to get your holiday shopping plan all sorted out.
How to score the best deals at your favorite retail stores
Not all deals are available online. If you want to rake in significant savings this year, you may need to show up in person.
Most of the stores on this list are closed on Thanksgiving. However, Big Lots, Belk, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Bass Pro Shops and Cabella are open on Thanksgiving. Check their individual sections for specific hours.
Also, some of these retailers haven’t yet announced their schedules. Because of this, BlackFriday.com guessed the opening time based on sales from previous Black Fridays. Without further ado, here’s a list of stores that will open earlier than usual for Black Friday.
When your favorite store will open up
- Academy Sports + Outdoors: Open on Black Friday from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Bass Pro Shops: Open at 5 a.m. on Black Friday. Open on Thanksgiving from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Cabela’s: Open at 5 a.m. on Black Friday. Open on Thanksgiving from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Belk: Open at 7 a.m. on Black Friday. Opens at 7 a.m. on Thanksgiving. Show up in person on Nov. 26 or 27 and you could win a gift card.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Open on Black Friday at 6 a.m.
- Best Buy: Open on Black Friday at 5 a.m., though opening times may vary based on where you are. All stores are closed on Thanksgiving, though.
- Big Lots: Open on Thanksgiving from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. If you want to shop on Black Friday, it opens at 6 a.m.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Closed on Thanksgiving. Open on Black Friday from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- GameStop: Open on Black Friday at 7 a.m.
- Home Depot: Open on Black Friday at 6 a.m.
- JCPenney: Open on Black Friday at 5 a.m.
- Kohl’s: Open on Black Friday at 5 a.m.
- Lowe’s: Open on Black Friday at 6 a.m.
- Macy’s: Open on Black Friday from 6 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- Michaels: Open on Black Friday at 7 a.m.
- Old Navy: Open on Black Friday at 5 a.m.
- Target: Open on Black Friday at 7 a.m.
- Ulta: Open on Black at 6 a.m.
- Walmart: Open on Black Friday at 5 a.m.
BEFORE YOU SHOP, DO THIS: Use this new Maps feature to see how busy things are
You can even score freebies this Black Friday
For instance, if you buy a $50 gift card at Ace Hardware, you’ll get a free $10 gift card. If you spend over $30 on Maybelline cosmetics with your CVS care card, you can get a free mascara kit at CVS.
You can also get free gift cards at Target, as long as you buy certain items. Ulta even offers a complimentary plush robe or throw as long as you spend at least $60 on fragrances.
If you want to avoid the crowds, we don’t blame you. There are a lot of great ways to take advantage of Black Friday from the comfort of your own home. Tap or click here for fie of the best cashback apps for holiday shopping.