With so much happening in the world these days, you don’t hear as much about the spread of COVID-19. That doesn’t mean it’s not still out there. It is. And if you’re looking to get tested, there are still long wait times at testing centers.
Making matters worse, fake at-home tests are flooding the market as scammers take advantage of increased demand. Aside from getting ripped off, a false reading from these products may prevent you from seeking treatment if you are legitimately infected. Tap or click here for tips on spotting fake COVID-19 testing kits.
In January, the government started distributing free at-home COVID tests for anyone who ordered them. At the time, you were limited to four free tests. We have good news if you already got your free tests but want more. You can now order four more free tests. Keep reading to find out how.
The website is up and running
Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order two sets of four free at-home tests. If you already ordered your first set, order a second today. The tests will be free to order and ship, and you don’t need to enter any payment information. And the site URL is very easy to remember: covidtests.gov.
You may want to check out the stats related to the omicron variant, such as the number of cases and the likelihood of contracting the virus. Be careful where you get this information, as scammers have jumped onboard this as well. Tap or click here for information on a new COVID-related phishing scam that’s making the rounds.
Free at-home COVID test details
Here are some details on the free at-home tests according to a White House press briefing:
- The administration is completing a contracting process for the purchase of 500 million at-home rapid tests.
- All the tests contracted through this program are rapid-at home tests given Emergency Use Authorization by the FDA.
- 500 million tests will be available to order for free at covidtests.gov.
- You only need to submit your name and residential mailing address. You can submit your email address for order status updates, but this is optional.
- The tests will ship within 7-12 days via the United States Postal Service.
Go to covidtests.gov to order your test today.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as health or medical advice. Always consult a physician or other qualified health provider regarding any questions you may have regarding a medical condition, advice, or health objectives.