Looking for a new way to monitor your website? Maybe you have a small business, blog, or even a corporate website that you are looking to improve. There are plenty of useful tools for website analytics. Google Analytics is not the only one, and it is certainly not the most user-friendly.
There are several free tools available that allow website analytics and user tracking, but none that seemed to be as user-friendly and detailed as today's Cool Site.
Let's take a look at Hotjar, one of the best all-in-one analytics and feedback tools available.
Easy to Understand Analytics
Hotjar is a website analytics and feedback tracking browser application that is available for free but also has a professional business version available for a subscription fee. It has many extremely useful features that come in the form of graphs and diagrams, rather than statistics and ratios like many other similar utilities.
Here is a quick list of a few of the functions you will have access to with Hotjar:
- Heatmaps - [seen below] Discover where people are clicking, scrolling and reading.
- Visitor user experience recording - watch a recording of exactly how users interact with your site.
- Conversion funnels - [seen above] see a diagram of the user experience and which pages were viewed.
- Form Analysis - discover how long users spend filling out website forms, and which questions took the longest.
- Live mobile and browser-based polling - poll users via mobile or browser about their website experience.
- Feedback and customer service surveys - request feedback from customers with reward incentives.
If you are looking for a simpler way to understand and record your website's activity, I definitely recommend checking out Hotjar. It is used by many major companies like Nintendo, Microsoft, Invision, Intuit and many more. You can sign up for free on their site, and also test a free 10-day trial of their advanced business access while you're at it.