Last year, more than 114.4 million people watched Super Bowl XLIX when the Patriots shocked Seattle in the last few seconds of the game, setting a U.S. viewership record. This year's audience should be even bigger because this year the big game turns the big 5-0, the matchup between Peyton Manning's Denver Broncos and Cam Newton's Carolina Panthers is guaranteed to be a great show, and, with the league's venture into streaming media, the sky is the limit.
On top of that, this year's halftime show features Coldplay and the always amazing Beyonce. And don't forget about all of the big money commercials that everyone will be talking about come Monday morning.
Luckily, you don't need a cable subscription to watch Super Bowl 50 and all the festivities. If you've cut the cord on cable, all you need is an Internet connection, thanks to CBS Sports. You'll have access to the pregame shows, see full game coverage, complete with highlights and analysis, plus if you are one of the many who just watch the game for the commercials, those will be streaming live too!
When the party kicks off at 6:30 EST this Sunday, Feb. 7, stream the big game live, online at:
- CBSSports.com from your Mac, PC or tablet;
- The CBS Sports Channel app for Apple and Android tablets; and also
- The CBS Sports Channel app for streaming media players Roku, Xbox and Apple TV.
- To watch on smartphones, the live stream is only available for Verizon Wireless customers that have the NFL Mobile app installed. There is a workaround though. There's an ad-supported app by Verizon that will also be live streaming the Super Bowl for those without Verizon subscriptions from its Go90 app.
- Want to listen on the radio? Find your local station here.
Want even more Super Bowl fun? Facebook created Facebook Sports Stadium for friends who want to talk about the game, you'll want these 5 tips to make your Super Bowl party great, and don't forget, you don't have to wait until the big game to see all the commercials. We've been collecting them as they've been released online. Click here to check them out. We also have all the Super Bowl ads from 2015, 2014 and 2013.