WestStar MultiMedia Entertainment, Inc., is seeking a Tech Writer and Content Update Editor to join our team. You will write compelling tech news, tips and reviews. As an editor, you will update and revise existing content to make sure it is up to date, thorough and accurate.
This is a remote position. The ideal candidate can commit at least 20 hours a week, has a keen eye for detail and is well-versed in technology. Prior tech writing, editing or other experience is required. The position pays $20 per hour, depending on experience.
Additionally, you should be able to pitch topics and articles relevant to the Komando brand and valuable to its readers, and, above all, create timely, relevant copy that positions Komando.com as the online authority.
- At least three (3) years’ experience writing or editing technology, security or consumer technology news or tips
- Excellent copywriting and proofing skills; familiar with AP style (proficiency in AP style a strong plus)
- Engaging headline writing
- Demonstrated professional-level skills in consumer writing and reporting, as well as translating complex information
- Interest in, knowledge of, and an ongoing curiosity and passion for consumer electronics and trends in the digital space
- Proficiency in WordPress or similar CMS and web publishing; HTML-editing experience preferred
- Ability to produce content quickly and meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree required
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the following:
- At least five (5) links to content you have created
- Submit an example (published or not) of edited copy you have updated
- Publications for which you’ve written tech or tech-related articles
- The number of hours you can commit to weekly