The Kim Komando Show in Phoenix, Arizona, is seeking a talented Script Writer to create punchy, accurate and informative copy for radio, podcasts and videos.
The ideal candidate has the ability to match the tone and style of existing content and a knack for breaking down complex topics into easy-to-understand scripts suitable for a national audience.
- Write engaging scripts for radio, podcasts and video. Work closely with on-air talent to hone voice and tone.
- Research topics to ensure scripts are accurate, thorough and thought out.
- Display strong editorial judgment about what information is necessary for short scripts.
- Develop a deep understanding of our target audiences.
- Write clear, concise copy that requires little to no editing for grammar or understanding.
- Make necessary adjustments and updates as needed.
- Juggle multiple projects and manage production deadlines throughout the week.
The Kim Komando Show is the nation’s largest talk radio show about everything digital. It broadcasts every weekend on more than 430 radio stations in the United States. It also broadcasts daily with short 60-second features on over 350 radio stations. The show also streams live-in HD video to paying subscribers. Kim Komando Business Insights airs weekly on Sirius XM.
The companion website, with monthly traffic of more than 5 million page views, contains thousands of helpful articles covering cybersecurity, device how-tos, digital lifestyle tips and much more. Additionally, we send about a dozen email newsletters daily and weekly to hundreds of thousands of subscribers. We also produce informational publications, e-books, consumer buying guides, podcasts and video content.
- Professional experience writing scripts for radio, podcasts or video
- Experience fact-checking and researching for a news outlet, online publication or other platforms
- Ability to work quickly, calmly and proficiently under multiple deadlines
- A team player who will work well in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to cheerfully take direction and constructive criticism
- Quick learner willing to take on new roles and responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, writing or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of professional writing experience
- Interest in and knowledge of consumer electronics and technology
Salary commensurate with experience. The position offers a full benefits package including healthcare. This is a full-time, in-studio position in Phoenix, Arizona or a remote position.
To apply, please submit your resume, three 60-second sample scripts using content from Komando.com and a cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees. Developing the right mix of skills, ideas and individuals requires an unwavering commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. Accordingly, we recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to an employee’s race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status or disability.
Apply in confidence today by clicking the “Apply Now!” button below: