WestStar Multimedia Entertainment, Inc., home of The Kim Komando Show, is one of the fastest-growing broadcast media companies in America, and we’re rapidly expanding in many divisions.
For more than 20 years, Kim Komando has led the industry in tech-lifestyle programming within the national radio category. Our multimedia network includes radio programs that reach over 3.5 million Nielsen-rated unique listeners per week, a television program distributed over the prestigious Bloomberg TV Network to 300 million homes internationally, podcasts that serve hundreds of thousands of downloads per month, a website that enjoys 2.5 million monthly visitors, an aggressive newsletter platform with over 50 million sends per month, and a sponsor-dedicated email platform. We also have major streaming radio and video initiatives in the works for late 2019 and early 2020.
Are you a take-charge “top seller” who knows how to get things done and close deals? Do you focus on finding solutions to challenges, and will you break down barriers to achieve success? Are you motivated to do great things? If so, we would love to speak with you!
We are seeking one key sales professional to present our extremely popular radio programming to small, medium, and large radio stations across America, explaining the many benefits that will come to their station by airing our programming. The ideal candidate can can take our current station list and significantly increase its size month after month.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identify opportunities to increase our affiliate (radio station) count
- Develop and implement new affiliate markets
- Prepare and send marketing materials to prospective affiliates
- Conduct aggressive cold calls to solicit potential new affiliates/stations
- Receive and respond to inbound calls and email from current affiliates
- Develop reports and evaluation metrics for business practices and affiliate-related projects
- Prepare a monthly email newsletter for current and potential new affiliates
- Work with Marketing to promote our affiliates in email newsletters, social media and on the radio
- Aggressively pursue and secure new stations to air Kim Komando’s radio programs across the country
Skills and specifications
- Open to learning and implementing quickly
- Very professional phone and email etiquette
- Capable of turning a “no” into a “yes”
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work on a tight deadline in a busy environment
- Very self-motivated and extremely organized
- Confident and comfortable on the phone and in face-to-face meetings
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a very positive attitude
- Ability to think outside the box and show initiative to make great things happen
- Must be willing to “do,” not “delegate”
- Have a can-do attitude, no matter what it takes
Education and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of successful and proven sales experience
- Adaptable and accountable with strong time-management skills
- Act 1 software knowledge preferred but not required (will train)
If you are self-motivated, persistent, creative, passionate about succeeding, and can show a proven track record of sales success, we will train you on how to successfully secure new radio stations to air our programs.
We offer very competitive salary with significant tiered bonuses tied to performance.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes major medical, dental, vision, pharmacy and life insurance, as well as a self-directed 401(k) with an employer match. Paid time off includes sick, corporate holidays and personal vacation.
Apply in confidence today by clicking the “Apply Now!” button below: