Do you have a love for marketing and a passion for graphic design? We are looking for a multi-talented individual to join our Marketing team and assist in day-to-day tasks and projects. You will be responsible for helping to execute marketing ideas and projects while ensuring the company’s messages are consistent.
WestStar MultiMedia Entertainment, Inc., home of “The Kim Komando Show,” is one of the fastest-growing broadcast media companies in America, and we’re rapidly expanding in many divisions.
For more than 20 years, Kim Komando has led the industry in tech-lifestyle programming within the national radio category. Our multimedia network includes radio programs that reach over 3.5 million Nielsen-rated unique listeners per week, a television program distributed over the prestigious Bloomberg Television Network to 300 million homes internationally, podcasts that serve hundreds of thousands of downloads per month, a website that enjoys 2.5 million monthly visitors, an aggressive newsletter platform with over 50 million sends per month, and a sponsor-dedicated email platform. We also have major streaming radio and video initiatives in the works for early 2020.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist the Marketing department in coordinating various integrated communication and marketing activities
- Ensure all messages are supportive of and consistent with marketing strategies and the brand
- Design, code, edit and schedule email marketing campaigns
- Work with the Sales team to design and maintain sales collateral, email newsletter drops, digital ads and other materials
- Assist the Marketing team by designing digital ads, email newsletters to promote the brand, and products in standalone email newsletters, display ads and marketing blurbs
- Complete tasks such as data entry, reorganization of content in the company WordPress, searches for images to fit articles on the website, touching up and resizing images, designing and building email newsletters, and taking photos for use on the website and marketing materials
- Assist in the development of email collection campaigns
- Design direct mail postcards as needed
- Design display ads, social media ads, email newsletters, flyers and other marketing collateral
- Assist in the coordination of video content
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and specifications
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of HTML manipulation for email
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and their Google equivalents
- SEO and website optimization knowledge
- Effective understanding of latest technologies and knowledge of how to apply them in marketing
- Graphic design skills are a must, with experience in Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator,
- Excellent marketing copywriting skills
- Team player who can build excellent working relationship to attain goals
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic and creative
- Able to deliver creative and innovative thoughts
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Flexible and willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
Education and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or organizational development
- Knowledge of WordPress or other similar CMS system
- Graphic design software, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- HTML working knowledge a must
Pay DOE. This is a part-time, on-site position at our studio and corporate office in Phoenix.
Email your resume and link to your portfolio to Amber Barnett, Director of Finance and Human Resources, at email@example.com.