WestStar Multimedia, Inc. is seeking a Freelance Writer to join our team. You will write compelling consumer tech news, tips and newsletter content. We’re looking for someone who is tech savvy, has a strong voice and can break down complex topics into fun to read, easy to understand copy.
This is a remote position. The ideal candidate can commit at least 15 hours a week, has a keen eye for detail and is well-versed in technology. Prior tech writing, editing or other experience is required.
- At least 3 years experience writing. Technology, security or consumer technology experience preferred.
- Excellent copywriting and proofing skills; proficient in AP Style a strong plus.
- Engaging headline writing.
- Demonstrated professional-level skills in consumer writing and reporting, as well as translating complex information.
- Interest in, knowledge of, and an ongoing curiosity and passion for consumer electronics and trends in the digital space.
- Ability to produce content quickly and meet deadlines.
We take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees. Developing the right mix of skills, ideas and individuals requires an unwavering commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. Accordingly, we recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to an employee’s race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status or disability.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $50.00 – $150.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Experience: Tech writing: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Fully Remote
Apply in confidence today by clicking the “Apply Now!” button below: