The Freelance eBook Writer’s responsibility is to produce high-quality written content for Kim Komando’s readers, listeners and Komando Community members who follow Kim’s advice and rely on expert content. The eBooks will be ghost-written and provide in-depth understanding of various topics.
The ideal candidate has a keen knowledge of, or a background in, technology and can express that knowledge in a conversational writing style. This position is not for beginners – you must submit samples of prior eBooks you’ve written to be considered.
Duties and responsibilities
- Research and pitch technology and/or digital-lifestyle eBook topics relevant to the Komando brand and valuable to Kim’s audience
- Ghost-write detailed content that averages between 5,000 and 10,000 words per eBook
- Recommend visual/graphic support to complete the eBook
- Outline the eBook with chapters and beef up each chapter with details and supporting research, including links from Komando.com, where applicable
- Background in content writing and strategy
- Compelling storytelling ability
- Engaging headline writing
- Working understanding of SEO techniques
Skills and specifications
- Demonstrated professional-level skills in consumer writing, reporting and translating complex information into easy-to-understand content
- Interest in, knowledge of, and an ongoing curiosity and passion for consumer electronics and trends in the digital space
- Experience covering the digital/electronics industry
- Ability to work collaboratively in fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to accept direction and constructive criticism
- Ability to produce content quickly, calmly, accurately and proficiently under multiple deadlines
- Experience writing for website, radio and newsletters
Education and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related curriculum preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional writing experience in a publishing environment
- Excellent grammar and impeccable spelling required
- Familiar with AP and Mervin Block writing styles
This is a freelance position, and compensation will be agreed upon at the time assignments are made.
We take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees. Developing the right mix of skills, ideas and individuals requires an unwavering commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. Accordingly, we recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to an employee’s race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status or disability.
How to apply
Apply in confidence today by clicking the “Apply Now!” button below: