Do you have an engaging personality? Are you quick-witted and funny? And, most importantly, do you have a passion for consumer electronics and all things digital?
We’re looking for a superstar talent who’s hard-working and wants to be a part of a national radio show and global TV show. If you have an engaging personality, you’re quick-witted and funny, and, most importantly, you have a passion for consumer electronics and all things digital, we’d love to connect!
This is a rare opportunity to be an on-air personality nationally and globally as Kim Komando’s official call screener and sidekick. This person helps to provide a personal connection between the radio show and listening audience and may be called upon for on-air work such as entertaining discussion, interviewing guests, and on-the-spot researching of products and services based on our callers’ questions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver content for radio audiences while managing guests and call-ins
- Book and interview content-relevant guests and callers
- Help select and develop content based on audience preferences, public requests and program focus
- Write and deliver original content for selected show segments such as “Brand New or Not True”
- Develop new bits and bring innovative ideas to the show
- Work well and engage with staff and crew
- Occasionally provide voice tracks for paid advertisements
- Be responsible for utilizing your own social media channels and the Komando Community to reach out, stay relevant, and connect with the audience both during and outside of show hours
- Attend regular meetings with staff and managers to find ways to increase listeners and improve techniques
- Attend quarterly company-scheduled lunches or events
Skills and specifications
- Must have high energy and a positive demeanor
- Audio and video experience preferred
- Knowledge of various consumer electronics products, services and issues
- Engaging personality and excellent speaking skills
- Must reside in Phoenix, Arizona
- Must have a clear understanding of FCC guidelines
Education and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, broadcasting or radio/television/film is preferred, though equivalent work experience will be considered
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in live event/show producing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to work without supervision in a high-pressure environment
- Frequently required use of hands and fingers to write, manipulate telephone and computer keyboard
- Regularly required to hear, talk and use close vision
- Must be tech-savvy and aware of the latest trends in the tech world
This is a part-time position and you must be available to work on Fridays from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Arizona time, as that is when the show tapes at our broadcast center in central Phoenix. On occasion, the show will be recorded earlier in the week, so you must be flexible to work on that day instead.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Apply in confidence today by emailing your resume, headshot and links to any videos in which you were featured to email@example.com.