National Radio Program and Podcasts
Do you want a tremendous opportunity in a fast-growing, high-energy national broadcast multimedia company? Tired of working in a newsroom, being on-call, and working holidays?
WestStar Multimedia Entertainment is a national broadcasting company that is home to The Kim Komando Show. The Kim Komando Show for radio is syndicated and broadcast nationally, distributed via satellite to more than 435 top radio stations with 6.5 million weekly listeners.
Kim was the first national talk host to discuss consumer electronics, starting in 1995. The program originates at WestStar’s at the 24,000-square-foot broadcast center in central Phoenix. Over the past six years, WestStar has experimented with a television version of this successful radio program.
Our successful candidate must possess a high level of knowledge and efficiency in editing audio and some video. Time management is critical, as many of our products are on deadline for broadcast. This position is located in Phoenix, Arizona.
Key Activities in this Position
- Record, edit, and mix podcasts, interviews, and radio programs using Adobe Audition.
- Responsible for delivering quick-turn, high-priority projects while executing consistently high-quality production value.
Your Education & Experience/Certifications
- At least 2 years of experience in audio and radio editing and production.
- Board Operations experience a definite PLUS!
Your Skills and Abilities
- Must be proficient in recording and editing with Adobe Audition.
- Creative track record demonstrated through an audition reel or prior producing and production projects.
- Video editing experience a plus.
- Proven time-management skills.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, Adobe Audition/Premiere, and Wheatstone products.
- Desire to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Strong problem-solving skills and creative development competency.
- Ability to achieve metric goals & meet deadlines while working under pressure in news/entertainment environment with tight deadlines.
Great Compensation Package
We offer a very competitive salary with bonuses tied to this program’s performance. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: Top tier, major medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, life insurance, self-directed 401(k) and AFLAC group services. Paid time off includes: sick, corporate holidays and personal vacation.
We take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees. Developing the right mix of skills, ideas and individuals requires an unwavering commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. Accordingly, we recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to an employee’s race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status or disability.
How to Apply
We are seeking only top talent. This is not an entry-level position. Low experience or small market only backgrounds will not be considered.
Job Type: Part-time, quite possibly turn into full-time employment.