WestStar Multimedia Entertainment, Inc., home of The Kim Komando Show, is one of the fastest-growing broadcast media companies in America, and we’re rapidly expanding in many divisions.
For more than 20 years, Kim Komando has led the industry in tech-lifestyle programming within the national radio category. Our multimedia network includes radio programs that reach over 3.5 million Nielsen-rated unique listeners per week, a television program distributed over the prestigious Bloomberg TV Network to 300 million homes internationally, podcasts that serve hundreds of thousands of downloads per month, a website that enjoys 2.5 million monthly visitors, an aggressive newsletter platform with over 50 million sends per month, and a sponsor-dedicated email platform. We also have major streaming radio and video initiatives in the works for late 2019 and early 2020.
We are seeking an Affiliate Relations Manager to join our team. You will be our key person interacting with our radio affiliates and building lasting relationships. You will be reporting directly to the CEO and will support with the implementation of new and and existing markets and the daily management of affiliate relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identify opportunities to increase our radio affiliate count
- Assist with the implementation of new and existing markets
- Send weekly affidavits
- Perform a quarterly audit on all radio affiliates
- Prepare and send marketing materials to prospective affiliates
- Conduct phone calls to our radio affiliates to ensure lasting relationships
- Conduct cold calls to solicit potential new radio affiliates
- Utilize Act 1, our affiliate software, to pull reports and update existing affiliate information
- Receive and respond to inbound calls and emails from radio affiliates
- Develop reports and evaluation metrics for business practices and radio-affiliate-related projects.
- Prepare a monthly email newsletter to update radio affiliates
- Work with Marketing to promote our affiliates in newsletters, social media and the radio
- Sell Kim Komando’s radio programs to new local stations across the country
Skills and specifications
- Professional customer service skills
- Phone etiquette that’s polite, professional, friendly, patient and upbeat
- Able to turn a “no” into a “yes”
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work on a tight deadline
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Confident and comfortable on the phone
- Ability to think outside the box and show initiative
- Willing to “do,” not “delegate”
- Have a can-do attitude
Education and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of affiliate management experience
- Radio affiliate or media content sales experience a must
- Radio, broadcast or media experience preferred
- Act 1 software knowledge preferred but not required (will train)
We offer very competitive salary with bonuses tied to performance.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes major medical, dental, vision, pharmacy and life insurance, as well as a self-directed 401(k) with an employer match. Paid time off includes sick, corporate holidays and personal vacation.
Apply in confidence today by clicking the “Apply Now!” button below: