Cutting the cord has been all the rage for a few years now and for good reason. Who wouldn't want to save hundreds of dollars per year by getting rid of that enormous cable bill?
There are so many great streaming services out there it's getting harder to justify paying up to $200 a month for cable or satellite. (Psst! If you need help choosing a streaming service, click here to check out our channel line-up comparison chart. It will help you decide which service is best for you and your family.)
In fact, you might already have access to some shows and not even realize it. That's if you're an Amazon Prime member, of course.
You just need to download the Amazon Prime Video app to get started.
With the Amazon Prime Video app, you can stream movies and TV shows recommended for you, including Prime Originals like "The Grand Tour," "Sneaky Pete," and "The Tick."
Customers with Prime can stream a large library of movies and TV shows at no additional cost. You can also purchase or rent videos through Amazon.
Here are some of the app's features:
- Download movies and TV shows over Wi-Fi or cellular to watch anywhere, anytime
- View IMDB data about the actors, songs, and trivia related to your videos during playback
- Wirelessly stream from your phone to TV using AirPlay (requires Apple TV 2nd generation or later)
- Add videos to your Watchlist to watch later on any other Prime Video-compatible device
- Access hundreds of thousands of movies and TV episodes you bought or rented including new release movies or the latest TV programming, with the ability to download titles for offline viewing
- Start watching the next episode of the show you are currently streaming automatically with Auto Play
To take advantage of the Amazon Prime Video app, sign up for a Prime membership at a rate of $99 per year or $12.99 per month. The app is free to download and is available for both iOS and Android.
To download the app, click the appropriate link below inside the blue boxes. If you're reading this article using the Komando.com app, you might not see the blue boxes. If not, click here to see them and download the app.