One of the best things about having a smartphone is the ability to snap photos and videos instantly. It makes documenting our lives incredibly easy. From our kids' birthday parties to pets, to weddings and vacations, you never have to miss a single minute!
The only downside is that all of those photos and videos can really add up, hogging valuable space on your device's hard drive. But before you share your videos online, it's fun to edit them or add stickers and filters.
There are countless video editing apps available for both Apple and Android smartphones and tablets. We've shared some of the best ones with you, such as Magisto, WeVideo and others. Now, Apple has stepped into the ring with a fun new app you're going to love.
The app is called Clips, and Apple is hoping it will steal your heart away from other video editing apps out there.
One of the main perks of Clips is that you can edit your video with just a few taps, and easily share it with friends and family. You can add live titles, fun effects, and send your videos to others.
Whether you're shooting live video or editing one from your library, Clips gives you a wide variety of ways to make your video unique. Here's everything you can do to make your videos more entertaining.
- Mute audio, adjust video length and reorder clips.
- Create animated titles and captions that display on your video.
- Generate captions automatically that match the timing of what you're saying.
- Change up the style throughout your video.
- Add emojis and text.
- Change the look of your video with different themes.
- Add animated speech bubbles, symbols and banners.
- Include full-screen posters to tell your story in a fun new way.
- Pan and zoom while recording by dragging and pinching your fingers.
- Liven up your videos by adding music from your library or built-in soundtracks.
Once you're happy with your video, Clips will make recommendations for who you might want to share it with. You can also share the video with specific people via Messages, or post it directly to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
Since Clips is one of Apple's apps, it's only available for iOS devices. You can download it for free from the App Store, but there is a tiny catch. Clips only works on devices running iOS 10.3 or higher. This is just one more incentive to update your device if you haven't already. There are also some security bugs that will be fixed when you update to 10.3.1, so you'd better hurry!
To try Clips for yourself, check it out by clicking on the blue button below.