Here's a fun fact for the day: Did you know that in 2014, King Digital Entertainment, the makers of Candy Crush, reported that the game had more than 93 million active users, per day? That's more than the population of all but 12 countries in the entire world.
So if you've been champing at the bit to download the latest Candy Crush Saga, the wait is over. Candy Crush Jelly Saga is available to download for Apple, Android and Windows gadgets now! There are new characters, candies, power-ups and more noticeably, new boss challenges that everyone is going to love.
Like the other Candy Crush games, your goal is to match candies with other candies in pairs of threes or more, but in the latest installment, your goal is also to spread jelly across the board (Jelly Mode). Note that a match has to happen over a jelly tile in order for it to spread.
Next, check out Jelly Boss Mode, where you look to defeat the evil Jelly Queen. Your jelly is pink, hers is green and it's a race to see who can spread their jelly across the board first.
In Puffler Boss mode, your goal is to beat Cupcake Carl by uncovering Pufflers, which look like little marshmallow caterpillars and are hidden under frosted tiles. Match candies to remove frosted tiles and collect Pufflers, but be careful, uncovering only part of a Puffler makes it move to a new hiding spot. Revealing the whole Puffler will collect it.
And that's not all that's new. There are new power-ups, such as the color bump hammer which gets rid of all candies of one color, too. And don't forget about the flying fish, which, when unlocked, will fly across the board and spread jelly to an uncovered square on the board.
To download Candy Crush Jelly Saga, click the blue buttons below or click here for Android devices and click here for Apple devices. But before you do, check out these six tips and tricks to conquering Candy Crush Jelly Saga, straight from the game's developers, as told to FamilyGamerTV:
- Create a special stripe and wrap candies to stun bosses, which means the bosses will miss a turn. Create three specials in a row so the next move gains a special strike. This give you a huge advantage.
- Plan ahead to use special candy before the boss does.
- Remove frosting when you can to catch the Puffler.
- Fish always target a random frosting, therefore the less frosting on the board the more chance that the fish will hit the Puffler.
- Know the new power-ups. Know what the color hammer does and use it to your advantage.
- Don't give up! The developers were able to beat the game without using boosters, so it's not impossible to beat!
Bonus tip: Some of the same tips for beating the first Candy Crush Saga still apply. Check those out here.