Every day, we all have access to a wealth of information. The Internet changed the way we learn about things, and we have access to this ever-growing database right at our fingertips. But are we really learning anything anymore?
With so many websites, blogs and forums throwing words at us each day, wouldn't it be helpful to have a place to store and organize the best articles you find? Well, now there's a helpful app that lets you do just that.
In the same way Pinterest lets you store ideas and inspiration, Learnist lets you store things that you're learning. Plus, the app gives you access to thousands of "learnboards" being generated by other users. So, if you're curious about a new topic, you can browse through the extensive library and find resourceful articles right away.
Learnist works in two ways. First, you can use the app as a way to store articles that impress you on a particular topic. It's easy to do this. Once you've downloaded the app, you can add it as a share option by taking the following steps:
- When you find an article you'd like to save, click the "Share" icon at the bottom of your browser
- Scroll over through the options and hit "More"
- Scroll down through the list until you find the "Collect Knowledge" app, and tap to set as "On"
- The Collect Knowledge app will then show in your share options
- Use this share option to save articles to your learnboards
The second way Learnist works is by allowing you to browse through the learnboards of other users. These users could be your friends and neighbors, or leading experts in various fields. While most of these learnboards are free to view, some of the learnboards that are created by experts cost $.99 to view.