Smart gadgets can introduce you to a whole new world of possibilities. Sometimes, that world also comes with a few hard-to-crack mysteries, like “Where is the apps section on my smart TV?” Don’t waste an hour searching settings — read this guide to find and manage apps on your smart TV.
Maybe you have a regular TV, but you’re ready to upgrade. Tap or click here for five of the best new TVs for under $500. That’s right: You don’t need to drain the bank account to upgrade to a 55-inch screen.
Keep reading to find the apps section on your smart TV. We’re covering a vast range of devices, so you’re covered whether you have a Samsung, LG, Sony, Roku or Amazon Fire TV.
Why you’ll want to find and manage apps on your smart TV
Smart devices can be easily hacked, so you must protect your Wi-Fi and router with strong, unique passwords. Otherwise, a hacker could invade your home security devices and torment your family. Tap or click here for five signs your security camera has been hacked.
Your smart TV is no exception. If you want to find out if your smart TV was hacked, you’ll need to check your settings to look for sudden changes. You’ll also find another huge red flag in your smart TV’s apps section.
Hackers who take over your smart TV often use your apps without your permission. Go into your apps section and look for any unauthorized usage. If you see any recent activity on apps you haven’t touched, that’s a sign someone is spying on you through your smart TV.
Use this trick to save money, too
Knowing how to find your apps section also helps manage downloads. If you love streaming, you probably have multiple apps, like Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video and more. These monthly subscription costs can add up quickly.
One minute, you’re signing up for the free trial of a new streaming service. Then you forget to cancel before it runs out, and you find a fat bill in your bank statement. Keeping track of apps helps you stay on top of everything on your smart TV.
Use this guide to check your apps section from time to time. Not only is it good for your cybersecurity, but it’s also good for your wallet. Tap or click here for nine streaming service pro tips to save money.
We’ll tell you exactly what you need to do
It’s not easy to find and manage apps on your smart TV. The exact steps depend on which model of smart TV you have. All models are different: They come with their own features and tricks.
Although many smart TVs have unique settings, many have the same capabilities. These inspire customers like you to upgrade from standard TV sets. Tap or click here for five things you didn’t know your smart TV could do.
Look down at the list below and find your specific smart TV type
We’ll explain how to find your smart TV apps. Once you complete these steps, you can add new apps and manage the ones you already have.
Of course, you can also monitor activity to find signs of hackers breaking into your smart TV. Remember: If you haven’t used an app recently, but your smart TV says it was used, this is a red flag of a cybersecurity breach. (Just ask the other people in your home if they were watching when you weren’t around!)
Find smart TV apps on your Amazon Fire TV
- Use your remote control to go to the home page.
- From there, select Apps. Here you can look at your recent apps.
- You can also pick an app category like Movies and TV to find and add new apps to your Amazon Fire TV.
Find smart TV apps on your Android TV
- You’ll see the Apps section on your Android TV home screen. Select Apps, then select Google Play Store.
- Here, you can browse your apps or find new ones by selecting Get more apps.
Find smart TV apps on your LG TV
- On your remote control, press the Home button. This takes you to the home page.
- Select LG Content Store. (Don’t see it? Press More Apps > LG Content Store.)
- Next, select Apps. You can see your activity and find new apps on your LG Smart TV.
Find smart TV apps on your Roku TV
- On your Roku TV remote, press the Home button.
- Next, select Streaming Channels.
- This opens the Roku Channel Store. Now, you can look over your apps and find new channels to add.
Find your smart TV apps on your Samsung TV
- Press your remote’s Smart Hub button or head to your home page.
- From the menu bar, select Apps. This takes you to the My Apps screen.
- Here, you can see which apps you downloaded and find new ones.