Whether working from home or at the office, a tidy desk keeps you productive and happy. You don’t want to drive yourself mad looking for that thumb drive lying next to the keyboard yesterday, right?
Save some space with a desk lamp that also wirelessly charges your phone. Use a compact power strip to get all your devices under control. Tap or click here for some great products to get things organized.
An organized office space without tidy cables still looks like a battleground. Zip ties can cause damage to the wires over time, and they’re not reusable. Magnetic cable ties, however, are easy on your cables and can be reused over and over. Dare we say that they make organization fun?
How do they work?
Magnetic cable ties are made of silicone to provide a nice bit of stretchiness while not constricting your cables to the point of damaging the wires inside. These helpful office tools manage many different types of cables:
- Clean out that drawer full of assorted charging bricks and cables. Stop fishing around for a big tangled ball of wires.
- Keep your car phone charger and aux cable together so they never go missing again. Let them hang from the console or store them in your glove box.
- Hide PC cables underneath your desk. If your desk has a metal frame, you can tie all the cords together and then magnetize them to your desk to keep them out of sight and out of mind.
Warning: Always be careful when using magnets around certain devices such as mechanical hard drives and pacemakers.
Keep reading for our three favorite magnetic cable tie packs that you can pick up right now.
Fironst reusable silicone magnetic cable ties
Designed with soft and durable silicone, Fironst makes this set of magnetic cable ties in a 7-pack, 14-pack or 21-pack for a low price.
All magnets are embedded inside the silicone, so you won’t have to worry about small magnets falling out when you pull the bands apart.
Grab these alternative cable ties
Different brands offer wild colors and sometimes longer cords. Here are two other packs we also like:
Can I use magnetic cable ties on thick cords?
Yes, you can. The bond isn’t as strong as a zip tie, so the tension you need might be a little too much for one or two silicone magnetic cable ties. Try using multiple ties or putting fewer cords together in the same bundle if you run into this problem.
How long do magnetic cable ties last?
Silicone is durable. Unless you put these under immense stress outside their normal use, these magnetic cable ties should last for years. Magnets can lose power over time, though this depends on many variables.
What else can I use these cable ties for?
Magnetic cable ties are versatile enough to be used in countless creative applications:
- Magnetize pictures or papers to stick to your fridge
- Make a loop for an important piece of mail and hang it on your key rack.
- Tie off open bags of food.
- Use colorful magnetic ties in place of shower curtain rings to brighten up your bathroom.
Those are just a few, but feel free to use your imagination!
You may also like: Don’t wait till July’s Amazon Prime Day – 50+ deals live NOWWe may receive a commission when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.