We have some great news for you if you have been looking around for a new pair of earbuds. Amazon has just announced the second generation of its popular Echo Buds, and they are also much smaller than the original design.
Amazon positions the new Echo Buds as a cheaper alternative to Apple’s AirPods Pro.
About 20% smaller than the first generation, the All-New Echo Buds feature dynamic audio and active noise cancellation. To ensure that no sounds escape from the Buds while listening, they are made with a sealed in-ear design. Tap or click here for Amazon Echo tips and tricks: 20 new uses for your Alexa.
Here are the details
How do they compare to the previous version? Well, aside from being smaller, they are also packed with new software features. Like Apple’s Find My Phone tool, Amazon has incorporated a similar system. You can say, “Alexa, find my bud,” to track them down.
Here are some of the other features:
- Works with the Alexa app to stream music, play podcasts and read Audible audiobooks.
- Up to five hours of music playback per charge and up to 15 hours with the charging case.
- A 15-min quick charge provides up to two hours of music.
- Compatible with iOS and Android and supports access to Siri and Google Assistant.
- Bluetooth 5.0 Hands-Free Profile (HFP) support for calling.
- Three microphones per earbud.
- Speakers feature a 5.7 mm dynamic driver.
You might be delighted about another addition if you wear earbuds on public transport. Rolling out first for New York, Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Jersey City and Philadelphia, Alexa will offer public transit directions.
Amazon explained that you could also filter out which messaging service alerts you hear while wearing them. “Use VIP Filter to select the notifications you want to hear from compatible messaging apps on your phone, and Alexa will filter out the rest,” Amazon added.