July 28, 2014 Leave a comment One smartphone could burn your house down! By Komando Staff 11,66411.6k Fox 4, Twitter We've seen instances of battery fires before. That's why it's important to follow my guide to Battery Safety 101. In today's case one 13-year-old girl, Ariel Tolfree, in Texas fell asleep with her phone in her bed. She woke up to the smell of smoke and fire, as her Galaxy S4 phone melted away while underneath her pillow. -advertisement- “I didn't think much of it, so I went back to sleep, and then I woke up again and it was more prominent,” said Tolfree. The girl's father, Thomas Tolfree, believes that the phone overheated, the battery started to swell and caused the phone to melt down into the mess in the photo below. Photo courtesy of FOX4 Twitter. Samsung responded to the incident positively, replacing the girl's mattress, bedding and of course, phone. Samsung also pointed out that they post a warning in the Galaxy phone's user guide that "specifically states covering one of their devices with bedding or other material could restrict airflow and cause a fire." Samsung was also quick to point out that the phone's battery wasn't from Samsung. It was a replacement unit from a third party. Third-party chargers and other gadgets are usually the culprits in cases like these. Click here to see why it's so important to not buy knockoff parts and replacements. Source: KDFW FOX 4 General Interest Battery Fire Samsung Previous Happening Now Why is this random guy all over your Facebook page? Next Happening Now Apple buys a beloved app, will remove it from iTunes Related Articles Repair or sell your iPhone, iPad or iPod Android vs. Apple smackdown! The Galaxy S5 takes on the iPhone 5s The unvarnished truth about Cricket and other no-contract cellular plans AT&T vs. T-Mobile vs. Verizon: Who offers the best deals?